Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:41:23 +0100
From:      Timo Geusch <freebsd@unix-consult.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are there any known issues with SMP, 4.1-stable and i4b?

Specifically when using an AVM Fritz! PCI card? Since I put the card into the
system and enabled i4b I am seeing random crashes. The card also wedges from
time to time during transmit; only closing the connection using user-mode ppp
and bringing it up again unwedges the card. So far, any odd behaviour occured
only while the ISDN connection was up and user-mode ppp was talking to the
box on the remote end. System behaves normally when the ISDN subsystem is not
in use.

I have currently booted to a non-SMP kernel on the box and it is stable so far.

Some more info about the system:
Tandem S110

2 x Tyan S1568 mainboard, one running FreeBSD 4.1-stable (contains the card),
the other one currently disabled. Running 2x200 Mhz Pentium Pro, not
overclocked, ECC RAM. Also in the system are 1 Matrox Millenium, one Asus
NCR875-based SCSI controller and on 8-bit parallel port ISA card. One ATAPI
CDROM, one floppy.

ISDN card BT Speedway ISDN, aka AVM Fritz! PCI

Running 4.1-stable as of Friday, rebuilt today. Using i4b as it comes with
the system (i.e. no updated to 0.95)

Unfortunately I did not have any crash dumps (or kernel symbols) enabled when
the box crashed so I don't have any usuable backtrace. The function name of
the function that was listed as being the one it crashed in indicated that
the crash occured somewhere in the SMP subsystem.

I will try to reproduce the crash during the next couple of days but the system
is 'production' at the moment so I cannot reboot it at will.

Timo