Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:59:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@echunga.lemis.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Sam Zamarripa <samz@oz.net>
Subject:   Re: Dedicated disks (was: Dangerously Dedicated)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Greg Lehey wrote:

>I wonder how long the current Microsoft partition table has to live,
>anyway?  Sooner or later people are going to have to move to LBA
>addressing, or disks will get so big that the partition table can't
>address them.  Then, hopefully, we'll be able to use a more sane
>layout.

This thread is older than the day is long.  The last time it was
hashed out this message spelled out the reality of the future of a MBR
on the Intel architecture.  Get used to it folks.

http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=359438+0+archive/2000/freebsd-stable/20000730.freebsd-stable

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a