Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:04:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        smace@metal.ops.neosoft.com, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vnode_pager_outpages error

> > > Phk just flashed his machine up to that revision and is now seeing soft
> > > (C-A-D) reboot problems, any such things going on with yours?  I checked
> > > here and can not duplicate it here.
> >
> > Yes, I see the c-a-d problems.  I cannot, for example, c-a-d during some
> > points of the bootup, its somewhat intermitent.
>
> My problem is that I can CAD the usual places, but it doesn't reset...

I believe this is related to doing the keyboard reboot in protected mode
with A20 disabled.

I have one system where wrapping memory with the A20 fixes the problem; I
have another that I haven't tried forcing things out of protected mode
on, but I'm pretty confident that it'd work if I did (SCO can reboot it).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.