Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 19:31:19 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        NoP / Compiler <nop@todolinux.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: redhat.org????

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 01:19:04AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> >  I can't understand why FreeBSD has registered redhat.org and
> > has put into that domain freebsd pages... It does not give a
> > good image of FreeBSD, IMHO.
>
> "FreeBSD" has done no such thing and I can't understand why you could
> even infer such a thing from the available evidence:

He may have been referring to a post on -chat on 18/4 entitled ``Whoa!'':

It's amazing what a typo will get you...

	howardjp@byzantine:~$ nslookup www.redhat.org
	Server:  ns2.umd.edu
	Address:  128.8.76.2

	Non-authoritative answer:
	Name:    freefall.freebsd.org
	Address:  204.216.27.21
	Aliases:  www.redhat.org, www.freebsd.org

	howardjp@byzantine:~$

I tried it at the time and got the same response, but not anymore:

	parish:/usr/marko{61}% nslookup www.redhat.org
	Server:	americium.btinternet.com
	Address:  194.73.73.94

	Non-authoritative answer:
	Name:    www.portal.redhat.com
	Addresses:  206.132.41.202, 206.132.41.203, 206.132.41.231
	Aliases:  www.redhat.org, www.redhat.com

	parish:/usr/marko{62}%

--
        ...and on the eighth day God created UNIX