Date:      Tue, 01 Oct 96 11:28:05 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: isdn code

roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de writes:

> > > Well, nobody seems to use it or support it.
> >
> > I thought many Germans were using it, since their country has a real
> > communications infrastructure, unlike ours.
>
> YES, I'm using it. (Me too, me too, ... :-)
>
> I see 2 `standard' applications:
[snip]
> 2) dynamic syncPPP or X.75 conections -- like our computer center offers.
>    With the growing popularity (and falling prices :-) things became
>    interesting to John and Jane Doe to connect to thier providers.
>    (is/was being worked on, to my knowledge.)

not with the old code. The only development effort that I'm aware of is
using bisdn as the base. bisdn != what's now in the tree.

I'd like to know just how many people are using the ISDN code currently
in the tree vs. the bisdn stuff which is available on
   ftp://ftp.muc.ditec.de/isdn/bisdn-0.97.tar.gz (or something like that :)

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de
					(play) gj@freebsd.org