Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:29:56 -0400
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jerry@reillyplating.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   External modem/ ppp problem

I am having difficulty setting up a ppp dial-in using an external modem.
The problem is, using the same configuration files, it works with an
internal modem.
I should note that I can connect to the extenal modem with cu and send it
at commands, and I can dial in to my ISP with it, but it fails on incoming
connections.  Winders 95 tells me that it 'could not negotiate a set of
compatible protocols'.

Can anyone point me in a direction to look for the problem.

Thanks,

Jerry Bell
jerry@reillyplating.com