Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:35:50 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Velasquez" <msv@arisia.net>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dump, FreeBSD, and Solaris Interoperability

I'm currently running a mixed  network of systems running  Solaris 2.5.1 x86
and FreeBSD 2.1.5. However, I find that dump/ufsdump are incompatible(not
really suprised). Has anyone had any success with sharing a single dumphost
in a heterogeneous environment ?
I briefly looked at Amanda(was just doing remote dumps to a single dumphost
when I has all FreeBSD), but it appears to use dump as the backup command.
Anyone have any suggestions for backing up my systems(other than a separate
tape device/dumphost for each OS) ?

TIA

Mark