Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:29:21 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to tell amd to use TCP NFS?

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 08:09:31PM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:

> Amd is amd.  The syntax should be the same on all OSes.   I use the
> same mapfile on FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris 6&7, Tru64 and SCO Unix.
> Documentation is in info format (info am-utils).

I'm a client using a NIS map to interact with a Linux / Solaris
environment.  Map entries look like:

djh	eng1-fs:/fs/eng1/home/&

None of the other clients need flags passed to them, and I have seen
nothing in the amd documentation, even in the info utility, that has
entries that look anything at all like what is being provided to my NIS
environment.

It is also worth noting that nothing else on the network is running
anything that calls itself "amd."

Thanks for the documentation reference, though.

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/