Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2023 23:06:51 +0100
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
Subject:   13.1-STABLE vritualbox-ose-kmod panic

Hello world :-)

I did upgrade world and kernel today.. still I cannot kldload
virtualbox modules (modules are built from ports, vbox from package)..
that renders VirtualBox useless because it cannot start any virtual
machine due to missing driver error.

The first time I noticed that problem was beginning of January 2023.
Before I was able to use virtualbox-ose(-kmod) on STABLE with no
problem.

How can I make things work again?

Will virtualbox-ose-kmod work only with a RELEASE and not with STABLE?

Do I need to rebuild both virtualbox-ose and virtualbox-ose-kmod from ports?

Do I have to wait with virtualbox-ose-kmod until STABLE gets in align
with RELEASE?

Any hints welcome :-)
Tomek

% uname -a
FreeBSD octagon 13.1-STABLE FreeBSD 13.1-STABLE #4
stable/13-n253680-16ae7b665c7e: Tue Jan 24 07:20:27 CET 2023
root@octagon:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC amd64

% pkg info virtualbox-ose
virtualbox-ose-6.1.36
Name           : virtualbox-ose
Version        : 6.1.36
Installed on   : Sat Jan  7 06:50:23 2023 CET
Origin         : emulators/virtualbox-ose
Architecture   : FreeBSD:13:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : emulators
Licenses       : GPLv2
Maintainer     : vbox@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : https://www.virtualbox.org/
Comment        : General-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware
Options        :
        AIO            : on
        ALSA           : off
        DBUS           : on
        DEBUG          : off
        GUESTADDITIONS : off
        MANUAL         : off
        NLS            : on
        OPUS           : off
        PYTHON         : off
        QT5            : on
        R0LOGGING      : off
        UDPTUNNEL      : on
        VDE            : off
        VNC            : on
        VPX            : off
        WEBSERVICE     : on
        X11            : on
Shared Libs required:
        libxml2.so.2
        libxcb.so.1
        libvncserver.so.1
        libpng16.so.16
        libcurl.so.4
        libXt.so.6
        libXext.so.6
        libXcursor.so.1
        libX11.so.6
        libSDL-1.2.so.0
        libQt5X11Extras.so.5
        libQt5Widgets.so.5
        libQt5PrintSupport.so.5
        libQt5OpenGL.so.5
        libQt5Gui.so.5
        libQt5Core.so.5
        libGL.so.1
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1301000
        cpe            : cpe:2.3:a:oracle:vm_virtualbox:6.1.36:::::freebsd13:x64
        repo_type      : binary
        repository     : FreeBSD
Flat size      : 164MiB
Description    :
Oracle VM VirtualBox is a hosted hypervisor for x86 virtualisation.
Supported guests include BSD, Haiku, Linux, OS/2, ReactOS, Solaris and
Windows.

Guest Additions are available from: emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions

For the Extension Pack: FreeBSD is not a supported host platform.
Installation of the Pack will not extend the feature set.

WWW: https://www.virtualbox.org/

% pkg info virtualbox-ose-kmod
virtualbox-ose-kmod-6.1.36
Name           : virtualbox-ose-kmod
Version        : 6.1.36
Installed on   : Tue Jan 24 21:05:52 2023 CET
Origin         : emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod
Architecture   : FreeBSD:13:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : kld emulators
Licenses       : GPLv2
Maintainer     : vbox@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : https://www.virtualbox.org/
Comment        : VirtualBox kernel module for FreeBSD
Options        :
        DEBUG          : on
        VIMAGE         : on
Annotations    :
        FreeBSD_version: 1301511
        cpe            : cpe:2.3:a:oracle:vm_virtualbox:6.1.36:::::freebsd13:x64
Flat size      : 3.92MiB
Description    :
VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for
enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely
feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it
is also the only professional solution that is freely available as
Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

WWW: https://www.virtualbox.org/