Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:01:27 -0500
From:      "paul" <delusional@si.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Inspiron 8000 pcmcia problem??

I've got a rather frustrating problem if anyone can help me it would be =
greatly appreciated I've tryed 3 pcmcia cards on my i8k all 3 of them =
give me device timeouts (netgear fa410tx, smc 8040, and a linksys card) =
all of which are on the hardware compat list except the smc card which i =
read somewhere is supported so i gave it a try. Anyway I added =
pccard_enable=3D"YES" pccardd_ifconfig=3D"DHCP" tryed =
ifconfig_ed1=3D"DHCP" for fun and i tryed changing the irq port with the =
-i flag for pccardd_flags and editing pccard.conf. Nothing seems to work =
I have miibus compiled in the kernel all the proper drivers all 3 of the =
cards are recognized at boot however i recieve the infamous ed1: device =
timeout message. The cards work on linux and windows maybe I'm missing =
something I have never dealt with pcmcia cards until now. I googled for =
2 days and asked on numerous irc channels. Am I missing something? It =
seems to be a rather common problem with all the results from my google =
searchs. I've also disabled everything in my bios still nothing I've =
tryed using 4.9, 5.2rc2 and -current with  the same results. Someone =
please help me! I keep hearing its an irq conflict my card gets set to =
irq 10 its seems even when i try to change it..btw all tryed =
device.hints and kernel.conf.=20
Thanks -Paul