Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:27:28 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To UNIX or not to UNIX ;-). Was: PPP problems.

As Joel Ray Holveck wrote:

> If that were the case, then JRL couldn't use Win95 for PPP
> connections, and that is very common.  In my experience, something
> like "--in:--in:-${NAME}^M-word:-${PASSWD}^M" works perfectly fine
> with most ISPs.

Unless these ISPs would start to use M$ crap... maybe even SINIX (Unix
variant by Siemens-Nixdorf).  The script had to look like:

	--name:--name:-${NAME}^M-wort:-${PASSWD}^M

there.  "Benutzername:", "Kennwort:", in case you wonder. -- Yeah,
Mickeysoft is so fond of things like this.  They even got their
mailers to use AW: (Antwort) instead of the de-facto standard RE: in
their german versions, which leads to "Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: original
subject" crap...

--
cheers, J"org