Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:31:52 +0400
From:      "Alexander Zagrebin" <alexz@visp.ru>
To:        <lev@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: subversion-freebsd dependencies

Hi!

> >> On a newly installed development machine I installed
> subversion-freebsd
> >> from ports and ended up with a huge dependency chain.
> > If you're just using it for FreeBSD you can un-check all
> the OPTIONS. If
> > you might want to use the http:// protocol to check
> something out the
> > neon option works well and is fairly painless.
>  It doesn't help to remove tcl build dependency, as sqlite3 is
> unconditional dependency :(

There is the "sqlite-autoconf-3070800.tar.gz" on the SQLite download page.
This source code builds fine without tcl installed.
But FreeBSD port still uses sqlite-src-XXX.zip which marked as
"Legacy Source Code Distribution Formats (Not Recommended)"
So it seems that tcl dependency may be avoided.

--
Alexander Zagrebin