Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:02:59 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lucent winmodem don't work anymore on 4.4-PR

Hi, I used the files found here: http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/
to let my Lucent Win Modem, LT V.90 Data+Fax Modem Version 5.78, to work on my portege 3440.

It works very well under 4.3-STABLE, (last make world, make kernel on Fri Jul 20).

Now on 4.4 current of today it does not work anymore...

I tried also the /usr/ports/comms/mwavem but it doesn't work for my modem:
mwave0: <mwave> on isa0
smapi::smapi_init, ERROR invalid usSmapiID
tp3780i::Initialize SMAPI is not available on this machine
Mwave Modem, ERROR cannot Initialize DSP error 5
device_probe_and_attach: mwave0 attach returned 5
mwave1: <mwave> on isa0
smapi::smapi_init, ERROR invalid usSmapiID
tp3780i::Initialize SMAPI is not available on this machine
Mwave Modem, ERROR cannot Initialize DSP error 5
device_probe_and_attach: mwave1 attach returned 5

while a simple kldload of ltmdm.ko:
ltmdm0: <Lucent Win Modem> port 0x1c00-0x1cff,0x2f8-0x2ff mem 0xffefff00-0xffeff
fff irq 11 at device 2.0 on pci0
ltmdm0: using SHARED IRQ.
ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A

Is there anyone that have experienced such thing ?
Ideas ?

Thanks very much.

P.s.
If the mwavem port is targetted to another kind of modem (only IBM ???) is there any good soul that can make a port also for the toshiba internal modem ?

Thanks again...

--
Regards...

Gianmarco