Date:      Mon, 05 May 1997 12:56:18 -0700
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Antispam sendmail.cf modifications..

Jason wrote:
> > hmmm, someone should develop a tcl/tk interface to sendmail.cf so that it
> > is easier to administer.  heck, if someone can write a gui for NT to
> > sendmail.cf, why can't someone do it for unix ?
>
>...who needs a GUI when you have m4?  :-)
>
>Dunno...I'm skeptical of GUIs for system configuration.  Just seems
>that there's no way they could ever be flexible enough to handle everyting.

I agree with you, and hp's smit (or whatever the hell its called) is a
good example of that. But lets face it, GUI's are not going away, ever.
They are going to get even more GUI. Might as well get comforatble with
the X toolkit. Which reminds me, I was in the middle of doing some system
admin stuff when I thought "Man, it would be nice to have all my users
and groups in listed in boxes and stuff." Maybe a character/curses front
end to begin with. Would anyone think this was worthwhile?

If I wanted a signature, which I don't, I would use this.
-Tim