Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:05:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.org>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mouse & VMWare troubles

Hello all,

I hope I'm posting to the right list about this, since I'mm using FreeBSD
on a laptop.  Here goes...

I've recently installed FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE on my newly-acquired Dell
Latitude C600 notebook.  For the most part, everything works fine.  I have
run into a couple of difficulties, though:

1) Mouse -- I have noticed that, in X, simply clicking the mouse button
doesn't seem to register.  It only works when I move the pointer slightly
while clicking, which is kind of a pain.  I don't have this problem
outside of X, just using moused.  I wondered if anyone else has run into
this, and if so, if a solution has been found.  It doesn't seem to matter
which WM I use, either -- tvtwm, fvwm, and afterstep all exhibit the same
behavior.

2) VMWare -- I am trying to set it up using an existing virtual disk, but
in doing so, VMWare tells me it can't find any of hd[a-l].  Which makes
sense, since this is FreeBSD and not Linux, but is there a way to get
VMWare to see ad0 as hda?  I have tried a few tricks, like making
symlinks, but nothing has worked.  Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,