Date:      19 Dec 2002 15:47:35 -0800
From:      Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
To:        replyto@arved.de
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What are are you devel on?

Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de> writes:

[ stuff deleted]

> Because of this incompatibility, the kde-freebsd people would like
> to push people to port their apps to qt3, so that qt2* can be removed,
> as soon no major app depends on it.

The problem is that the libh binary need to be staticly linked.  So
we need them to create the static libraries.

> >         tvision-0.8 does not compile with gcc32.
> >         (Note; I have a patch for this... but I have not done
> >          extensive tests with it yet.)
>
> If you have patches, please submit them, since the port is currently
> marked broken on 5.0

Its has not been tested... and depending on the answer to the later
questions I may clean it up or drop it.  Does anyone else want/need
tvision?

> > Are we planning on going to qt30 and how are we going to handle the
> > share vs static linking issue?
> >
> > Do we want our own copy of tvision until I can find who maintains the
> > ports version.  Or are we planing on moving to rhtvision?  Do we
> > want to GPL libh?
>
> The tvision port is currently unmaintained, perhaps maintainer should
> be passed to libh@freebsd.org?

Who would we talk to about this?  Do we want to do this? :-)

> Last, although I have no clue about this project and am only lurking
> on the Mailinglist, why do you want to GPL? We are BSD!

I am sure the rhtvision library is GPL.
http://tvision.sourceforge.net/#wcp

What about copyrights?

The original code is copyrighted by Borland but is freely available from
the net. Try here.  This port is distributed under the GPL license and
the Sigala's port under a BSD like license. [stuff deleted]

Which is why I am asking.

                        Max

[stuff delete]