Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:09:20 -0400
From:      Ted <webmaster@powerusersbbs.com>
To:        Bob K <melange@yip.org>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: arp

Bob K wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Ted Sikora wrote:
>
> > Bob K wrote:

> > > Who knows?  Anyway, odds are that the ethernet ID's will be printed on the
> > > bottom, accompanied by a bar code.  If not, well, you'd probably have to
> > > log into them to find out, or use SNMP (often the default read community
> > > is 'public').
> > >
> > It must be the ADSL modems or 'Carnivore'<g>. I ruled out the routers
> > and LanCity.
>
> Check if the MAC address matches any of the known public IPs of those
> devices.  Look in the output of arp -a to get the list.
>
> --
> Bob <melange@yip.org>
> "I'm Canadian, and I can't photocopy my ass
>                         without the RCMP coming after me."
>                                                 - bigkahuna@scowling.net

I did none of my devices have that address. The other server has another
mac address with the same error massage and another unkown
MAC address. Everythings running fine except for the messages. I have
remote logging and there seems to be no unkown logins etc. I'm stumped.
Could this be an IPv6 error?

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group