Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:42:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
Cc:        tokenring@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Its alive, ALIVE!

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Larry S. Lile wrote:
> The Olicom driver now works, after a quick re-write of the tx code.
> It seems to be stable -- and fast.

Woohoo!

Great job!  Now I need to run out and buy some Olicom boards (the only
ones I didn't get any of during my collection spat.)

Any ideas on the IBM driver?

I'm making a little progress on the TMS380 series driver (to the point
where I actually understand what the data book is talking about and have
code stubbed out and such.)

I've got a number of TMS380 based devices but am curious to know the
extent of this chipset's use.

Proteon:

	TMS380 1st generation
	TMS380c16
	TMS380c26
	TMS380c30

Madge:

	TMS380c16

Thomas Conrad:

	TMS380c16

Compaq:

	TMS380c26

The TMS380 appears to be fairly popular though I've not yet found any
boards based on the c25 or c27 chip.

Versions of the TMS380 chipset exist that do ethernet and token-ring or
just ethernet or just token-ring.  So far I only have the token-ring
databooks but will be pestering TI for the ethernet ones.

I've found a number of ISA boards (8 bit, 16 bit and PNP), a few EISA
boards, but so far no PCI boards.

If anyone has any PCI token-ring boards that have any chip that has
'TMS380' or 'TI380' in the product number let me know.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |