Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:18:35 -0600
From:      "Joesh Juphland" <part_lion@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   flash disk in 2.5" HDD form factor ?  needed...

I would like to run a laptop off of flash memory - both pc card slots are
already full, so I need to put the flash where the hard drive would go.

I am already running many systems now with Sandisk compact flash cards stuck
into those advantech adaptors that let you plug them into the IDE chain.

Does such an adaptor exist that would let me _elegantly_ plug a sandisk
compact-flash card into a laptop, replacing the 2.5" disk that already sits
there ?  When I say "elegantly", I mean that the adaptor itself would be the
form factor of a 2.5", 9mm disk so that it would just pop in like a 2.5"
disk would, and not require physical modification or bracing on my part (I
have already stuck one in with duct tape.  lame.)

thanks!