Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:05:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Jason Helfman <jhelfman@e-e.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NOPORTDOCS and NOPORTEXAMPLES

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Jason Helfman wrote:

>> So references to NOPORTDOCS should be replaced with references to
>> PORT_OPTIONS:MDOCS now?  Why that but not NOPORTEXAMPLES?
>
> You can use PORT_OPTIONS:MEXAMPLES for this case.
>
> I believe I did this recently in www/flot

But only after bsd.port.options.mk is included.  Here's what I was
trying to do:

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MDOCS}
OPTIONS_DEFINE+=        REFDOCS
REFDOCS_DESC=           Install the reference documents
OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       REFDOCS
.endif

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MEXAMPLES}
OPTIONS_DEFINE+=        EXAMPLES
EXAMPLES_DESC=          Install the example code
OPTIONS_DEFAULT+=       EXAMPLES
.endif

.include <bsd.port.options.mk>

...which doesn't work because DOCS and EXAMPLES don't exist yet.