Date:      24 Aug 2003 13:25:15 +0200
From:      Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
To:        Tatsu <tatsu@rpg.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win to FreeBSD in company

Tatsu <tatsu@rpg.pl> writes:

>   1. Company's inside mail is on MS Exchange 5.5 (is going to
>   change to 2000 soon. And all managers and workers contact through
>   it. So my question is - is there any free (maybe GPL) mail klient
>   that uses MAPI ? (checked - no pop3 and smtp service working on
>   exchange)

You can use either GNU Emacs + GNUS or Mozilla Mail client.

>   2. I need a good stable web browser that have no problems with
>   different technology like java, flash etc. For example SAP
>   marketplace site and Tivoli www administration tool got problems
>   with some elements.

AFAIR, SAP marketplace is only supported on Ms Internet Explorer 6.0,
so you will not get exactly the same functionality on anything else.
You can use Mozilla browser with SAP Enjoy design. There's no need for
java or flash.

The new Streamline design is currently supported on Ms Internet
Explorer only, but there's a plan to make it available on Netscape
Navigator as well. I will not tell you any timeframes, though.

--
Alexander Pohoyda
<alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>