Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 1995 19:32:31 -0600
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), peter@bonkers.taronga.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Soundcards and interruptless drivers and lost characters, oh my!

Jordan said:
> > I'll bet you your parallel port card is still sharing IRQ 7 though.
> > I'm not surprised.  Don't do this - it's evil!

Yep, it was still using IRQ7.

Rod says:
> If your card has a jumper on it to select IRQ5 or IRQ7, simple remove
> the jumper and this should eliminate the driving conflict.

OK, I traced wires and removed this jumper, and even hacked the lpa driver
back in and I'm still losing characters with either lpa0 or lpt0/interruptless.

Is this really soggy and hard to light in 1.1.5.1, or do I need to get a new
serial/parallel card?

Tomorrow I'm going to start tracing wires and trying to figure out how to
disable COM2 (my Amiga) and put the sound card on IRQ3. I was hoping to get
this done before my wife got back from her convention. She doesn't like me
rebooting from underneath her....

On the plus side I've got a nifty TK wrapper for tracker (in ports) if anyone's
interested... lets you save comments on each file and build a playlist.