Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:59:53 -0700
From:      Daniel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jes=FAs?= Valencia =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E1nchez?= <valencia@cicese.mx>
To:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Cluster project.

derekbarrett@graffiti.net wrote:

>Hi Pedro and Amar,
>
>Here is the first revision to the Docs. At this point, my goal is to simply make sure I can install and run the patch, on my FreeBSD 4.5 system. After that, I'll set up 2 other machines, and then try to add them as nodes.

just in time for me to get started... some docs are always usable, and
since I've never used this package, it would be like a bulletproof test
for both the docs and the code.

>I'd say, since this list doesn't get much traffic, why don't we all just hammer on these instructions, and add/make corrections as needed, then upload the changes here? If you find an error, go ahead and email it to Chris Knight (chris@aims.com.au) and he can post it as an ERRATA on the cluster webpage.
>

>Pedro,
>
>Do you have experience using Doc Book? Amar can setup Doc Book on his server at Stanford, and we can update our Docs there.
>
>Andy,
>
>Well it looks like you have plenty of document help. I hope some coders might be able to offer their services.

count on me, as far as I get this stuff running I will start to look at
the code and try to make the program blow my PCs in pieces...  I think
that if you have some bugs already spotted, but too much to be corrected
in a timely manner, you could tell me a couple of features you don't
want to remove soon and let me break my head...

and... about the list... isn't it more confortable to make the reply-to
address equal the list's instead of the sender's??  (remember the list
already has little traffic, so a couple of messages in case of error
wouldn't be a problem)

thank you

-  have fun

Daniel Valencia