Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:28:10 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        Marc Olzheim <marcolz@stack.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange result (EPERM) from a call to connect(2)

In message <20041028210312.GA19693@stack.nl>, you wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:51:09PM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>> What conditions may cause connect(2) to yield EPERM on 4.10-RELEASE?
>
>Being blocked by your own firewall is the one I can come up with...

YES!

Thank you for pointing this out.  It was non-obvious, at least to me.

P.S.  I misspoke earlier when I said that I was getting EPERM errors.
Rather, my program was printing the error message "Permission denied",
which I interpreted to be equivalent to EPERM.  But I see now that
that was incorrect.  The actual synbolic error code associated with
that specific error string is "EACCES" (errno=13).