Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:32:20 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>, gmarco@giovannelli.it
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 card...

On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 03:35:53PM -0700, Donald Burr wrote:
> My secret spy satellite informs me that on 12-Jun-98, Gianmarco
> Giovannelli wrote:
> > A friend of mine told me there is the possibility to force the PAL mode
> > in the kernel, but I was not able to find any message about it in the
> > multimedia mailing list...Any hints ?
>
> Add:
>
> options OVERRIDE_TUNER=<x>
>
> to your kernel config file, and rebuild.
>
> Replace <x> with one of the following: (from /sys/pci/brooktree848.c)

[... list of tuners deleted ...]

> Note to the developers: This should really be documented somewhere,
> perhaps in the LINT config file?

There are sysctls to do the same thing.  As soon as we've decided on
the final format for these (IMO, they need units), my opinion is that
these should be documented in bktr.4, and that the options should go
away.

We don't want more use of kernel options than absolutely necessary.

Eivind.