Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 21:48:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Dean <brdean@unx.sas.com>
To:        pmckenna@uswest.net (Pete Mckenna)
Cc:        jwd@unx.sas.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scripted install( was sysinstall manpage inst)

Pete,

I am usually installing many machines at a time, and to save time,
I've put together a simple script that generates the included config
file based on the machine's name.  We can do this because our machines
are all configured identically with the exception of the name and IP
address.  Once you have the config file(s), you need to put them on a
UFS floppy.  I usually just copy them onto the same floppy that I dd'd
the mfsroot.flp image onto, i.e., dd the mfsroot.flp image onto the
floppy, mount the floppy, then copy your config files onto it.  After
you boot the install process, at the main menu, just select the "Load
Config File" option (or something like that), and enter the name of
the config file you want to use, which in my case is <machine_name>.cfg.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean					brdean@unx.sas.com
Process Engineering