Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:16:09 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keep -STABLE updated!

If you're using something require kernel src (such as nvidia-driver),
you need keeping sync with running kernel and its src.

Just as Bigby James noted, you should update src only when you want to
update running FreeBSD }(kernel / userland). Don't forget to rebuild ALL
softwares requiring kernel src.

If you want src of different revision, I recommend to keep it somewhere
other than /usr/src.