Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 19:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reducing the number of NFSv3 commit ops

:>
:> I'll look at that tonight.  But before I do -- why is it broken?
:> (the name sorta implies that it us ;)
:
:I'm not sure, i did it a while back and ran out of time to get it
:working, it functions in the strategy layer and tries to grab adjacent
:commit blocks to the already clustered IO.
:
:I think I may have some math errors or something, I haven't had time
:to give it a retry in a while.
:
:--
:-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@wintelcom.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
:"I have the heart of a child; I keep it in a jar on my desk."

    If I remember the right patch, I think my comment on it was
    that the buffers should use non-blocking locks rather then
    blocking locks in order to avoid deadlocks, which it looks like
    you did.

    This may still patch into -stable but it probably isn't safe
    to patch into -current.  It still looks a little rough but
    the general concept is sound.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>