Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 22:47:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Kim C. Callis" <kcallis@c2associates.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3 PCMCIA issues...

In message <00c301c0d356$3dd6a820$4200a8c0@c2associates.net> "Kim C. Callis" writes:
: I am using FreeBSD 4.3 Release on a Compaq Armada M700. After a =
: wonderfully easy cvsup makeworld upgrade, I have noticed the following. =
: Anytime I insert a PCMCIA card in the Armada, the system immediately =
: freezes up. There is no warning, no core dumps, and nothing indicated in =
: the log files. Has anyone else run into this or am I the acception?

Pick an irq to use.

It would appear that many cardbus controllers default to using an
interrupt, even when you asked them not to.  I've just discovered
this, so can't really comment further on it.

Warner