Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:20:05 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf 4.1 Update available for testing

--nextPart8111653.yvzq8WG2mA

On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 03:47:24AM +0200, Max Laier wrote:
> > To make testing easier I'm working on RELENG_6 patches as well, but
> > it will be a bit to get through the fix/build/repeat-cycles.
>
> I can't seem to locate the patches for RELENG_6 on
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/PF41/ - are they available for
> testing?

Oh ... forgot about that ... there are several problems with that.  First=20
of all RELENG_6 is missing the interface group infrastructure which is=20
essential to pf now.  This makes it difficult to produce patches.  I=20
could do it, but ...

> Do you plan on MFC'ing pf-4.1 to RELENG_6 before RELENG_6_3 is
> branched?

=2E.. it can never be MFCed due to the ABI breakage in several essential=20
places (ifnet and pf ioctls).

There is some work going on in OpenBSD 4.2 to reduce userland ABI changes=20
in the future, but for now updating pf means breaking ABIs means no MFC=20
unfortunately.

=2D-=20