Date:      13 Aug 2002 10:59:06 -0300
From:      Michael Burke <mburke@isn.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bug in Zoo? Or is it in ls or ffs?

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 10:43, Danny Carroll wrote:
> As you can see the size is not taken up in disk space so I suspect the
> bug is in ls.  DU, DF and the left hand column of LS looks OK.
>
> --output--

Looks like you're getting a sparse file -- a large file that actually
takes up little space. It's created by a program seeking beyond the end
of the file but not writing anything (I may be off a bit, but this is
how I understand it). The reported size of the file is large, but it
doesn't take up that much space, which is why df suggests that it's not
significant.

Although I've never used zoo, it's probably a bug there.