Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:07:04 GMT
From:      Simon Thorpe <simon_thorpe@c3s.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org

All

Unfortunetly I left my laptop at home today and therefore
didn't get the /var/log/messages from it to help diagnose the
problems i'm having. However I will pose the issues first and
see if there is other information I need to research before
digging into detail.

I've recently aquired a Dell Inspiron 3800 with a PIII 600 in
it and 256mb RAM. I have a 3Com 3C3FE575CT stuffed into one
of the pcmcia slots. fbsd 4.3 has been installed and
everything apart from the following is performing fine.

1. No matter what I do the moused doesn't work. On bootup the
error... "/dev/psm0 is not configured" is shown. I've done a
sh MAKEDEV psm0 in /dev, redone the moused setup, yet it
still seems duff... putting a PS2 mouse in the back also
doesn't work :(

2. The pcmcia slots dont work, on bootup i'm sure there is a
line which is talking to the pcmcia controller (i'll have the
detail tomorrow) but when I run pccarcdc dumpcis, i get the
report, "No Slots found" I obviously want to enable my
network card and i'm rather lost.

Can anyone help? My X Server install isn't working either,
but i'm sure thats due to a duff X install and i'm stuck
until I can install from a network, i've tried 3 cd's and
keep getting the same error...

Simon Thorpe
SealedMedia
www.sealedmedia.com