Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:57:21 -0600
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@unm.edu>
To:        Ross A Lippert <ripper@plato.nmia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: second laptop monitor

Ross A Lippert wrote:

> Does freebsd currently support the use of the extra monitor port that
> some laptops have?  I've noticed that under windows I can plug a
> monitor into this port and the monitor will reproduce whatever is on
> the laptop display.  I'd really like to be able to do this with
> freebsd.

I've found that this is really more of an issue with X (XFree) and not
FreeBSD. The function keys for switching displays work fine. X, on the
other hand, doesn't play nice all of the time when I switch the display.
When I don't have X running switching between the LCD and an external
monitor works great. Once I have the external monitor running I'll run X
and all is well.

--
Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
"As Jun [Murai] explains it, `I can go to the bar and drink beer. I go