Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 21:47:34 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <garya@ics.com>
To:        James Raynard <fdocs@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Francisco.Reyes@i-2000.com, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for Docs

> I've already mailed Francisco to agree to this, although it might be
> better to put it in the docs rather than the file. I've also hinted he
> might like to volunteer to put some flesh on the PPP-with-dynamic-IP
> section 8-)

Note: I am currently using user-ppp on a dedicated 56K line.
However, in order to get it to work, I had to modify the
code to force PacketMode.  I am not yet certain whether
this is a bug in the code or not.

Some notes to add for ppp.conf, ppp.linkup; probably should be listed
under bugs:

An empty line (one without a # comment mark) effectively
marks the end of a section.

openmode may be set to either active or passive.
However, it only takes effect for dialup connections;
if user ppp is started using the -dedicated or -direct
flags, openmode is ignored.

--
Gary Aitken		garya@ics.com		(business)
			garya@dreamchaser.org	(personal)