Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:32:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@fortress.org>
To:        Mark Segal <mark@club-web.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND 8.1.1 and Socket errors

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Mark Segal wrote:

> Hello,
> 	just wondering if anyone here has tried adding some new domains to the
> new version of BIND (8.1.1).  I just added a new domain and my name
> server will not restart, either from the hup or just the plain old
> command line.  I tried moving a domain it still didn't help.  I have 52
> domains at the moment (this is not the highest it has ever been).
> anyways the ttyl on my records expires at 6:00 tonight on my
> secondary... so if i can't fix it by 2:00 or so i'll just revert back to
> the old bind.
> Any help will be appreciated.. :).

I had the same problem:

If you are virtual-hosting on the same machine, there is no need to have
bind listen on all the addresses, only the network card and lo0.
Add the following line inside the options parameter block

listen-on { 127.0.0.1; your network card ip address; };

Good luck!

Andrew Webster                              andrew@pubnix.net
Key fingerprint =  CF E8 16 B8 A6 DB E3 C9  83 E7 96 24 25 58 15 6E
PubNIX Montreal    Connected to the world   Branche au monde
P.O. Box 147       Cote Saint Luc, Quebec   H4V 2Y3
tel 514.990.5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514.990.9443