Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:24:06 -0500
From:      "Craig Huckabee" <huck@spawar.navy.mil>
To:        "Doug Silver" <dsilver@quantified.com>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape error using Amanda/dump

>sa0:ahc0:0:6:0): tape is now frozen- use an OFFLINE, REWIND or MTEOM
>command to clear this state.
>(sa0:ahc0:0:6:0): tape is now frozen- use an OFFLINE, REWIND or MTEOM
>command to clear this state.

For what it's worth, I get this same error with an Exabyte M2 drive we have
here, also on an Adaptec controller, and most of the time the error is clear
just by doing an "mt offline" and "mt status" (as the above error would
suggest).  But we've also had a bunch of bad tapes (sometimes brand new bad
tapes) that also cause things to freeze like this.

--Craig