Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:01:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com>
Cc:        Evan Sarmiento <evms@cs.bu.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if anyones interested

In message <20010916125554.A86024-100000@TMA-1.brad-x.com> Brad Laue writes:
: Interesting experience; would you recommend 5.0-CURRENT as a usable
: platform? Are there any drawbacks or considerations, anything one might
: lose in moving from -STABLE? I'm aware that current handles carbus and
: several other technologies to a better extent - care to expand on this?

My Sony VAIO 505TS is about useless with -current unless I disable
ACPI.  Even when I don't, something weird is/was going on with
interrupts and pccard (likely due to removing an ISR inside of a
different ISR for the same interrupt number).

Now that 4.4 is released, I'm going to see about migrating my main
laptop (the Dell Inspiron 8000) to current or a current/stable dual
boot environment.

Warner