Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:20:18 -0600 (MDT)
From:      <janb@cs.utep.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   boot loader

Ok, I need to know what state the kernel expects the machine to be on
entry. I.e what state if any are all the registers to be in. What is the
state of memory. are interrupts turned on. What is the state of the rest
of the hardware.

Is there a reference that specifies this clearly? Going through the loader
code is very tedious and its not obvious to me what state the hardware is
on when the boot command is called.

I would appreciate any info on the subject.

JAn