Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:11:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kent Hamilton <kenth@HNS.St-Louis.Mo.US>
To:        dfr@render.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        Current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: locking up

> On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Doug Rabson wrote:
>
> > This happens to me whenever I break into DDB.  The ipending thing fixes
> > it.  I guess this motherboard manages to misplace the keyboard interrupt
> > while I am in the debugger :-(.
>
> Potentially useless extra datapoint: This only happens under syscons; pcvt
> works fine.

I've been off-line for a few days so I missed part of this conversation.
I've had keyboard lockup problems with FreeBSD from day one on my home
system under syscons.  The fix used to be to add 'options  "ASYNCH"' but
sos removed that when he added the mouse code.  Now I just run the gdb
kludge out of cron every few minutes.

--
Kent Hamilton                      Play:  KentH@HNS.St-Louis.MO.US
NIC Handle: KH91                    URL:  http://www.icon-stl.net/~khamilto/