Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:06:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RSA 56-bit key challenge

It looks like they are about to release a new binary-only key tester, if they
rezero the stats because of the change, shouldnt we start up a freebsd.org
team?

On another paranoia thought:  Now that best.net has several thousand machines
grinding on keys, wouldnt it be a neat trick for them to turn that compute
power to whatever they wanted? :)  Who would be any the wiser!  Lets crack
passwords shall we!  Zing!  Maybe some softer longer keys.. zing! :)  hee hee.

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich