Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:04:59 -0600
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to submit a diff?

hello,

i'm relatively new to hackers, but i just now, for no really good reason
other than the fact i know enough to do so, and could find enough errors to
warrant it, revised the pw(8) man page.

the context diff file is weighing in about ~25k, and while the FreeBSD
Handbook says i should email diffs to this mailing list, i just wanted to
double-check if it really *is* a keen idea to send a relatively uninteresting
set of corrections to a whole bunch of uninterested people. if anyone thinks
they know better than i do, please fill me in!

uhmmm, tia. :)

oh ... btw, i just upgraded to -current, and some programs like vim are
suddenly interpreting BS and DEL in the opposite manner to which i am
accustomed. if anyone can give me a pointer in the right direction to fixing
this problem, i'd 'ppreciate it.

-dan

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-