Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:01:53 +0200
From:      Johan Pettersson <johan.p@telia.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   VESA 800x600

I have run VESA 800x600 in my console for a while. But now in 4.6 and 4.7 i have got problem. In -RELEASE, -STABLE, -RC and -RC2. I boot up my machine and everything works fine until i start XFree. If i go back to the console the "marker" (that white block on the cmd-line) has disappeared. If i move the mouse i get vertical grey lines at the screen. And after a while i cant see anyting and got to reboot. These lines appears after a while even if i dont move the mouse.

I have options SC_PIXEL_MODE compiled in my kernel and vesa_load="YES" in my loader.conf. I got the following lines in my rc.conf:

font8x8="/usr/share/syscons/fonts/iso02-8x8.fnt"
allscreens_flags="-g 100x37 VESA_800x600"

My gfx-card is a Hercules Geforce2 64mb