Date:      Mon, 06 Jul 1998 01:05:41 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   new Bt848 driver update

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/Bt848.tar.gz

The current board recognition algorithm is mostly focusing on Hauppauge
cards because it appears that Hauppauge is using the eeprom to encode
the configuration of their bt848 cards. For cards which  don't
have an eeprom or we can't read the eeprom we will have to focus
on the the output of the program sign and the driver already has
the data structure and algorithm to accommodate such boards.

We really need the following info so if you have win95 and have not
send this info please do so. I think that the latest driver should
be able to recognize properly all NTSC boards however the PAL users
remain a little bit of problem right now.

   output of win95 hardware
   description for your bt848 card. on win95 click on :
   MyComputer->Control_Panel->System->Device_Manager(Tab) then
   click on Sound, video and game controllers
   click on Hauppauge WinCast/TV
   A Window pops up and it should be titled : Hauppauge WinCast/TV Properties
   Finally, click on the Tab Details

I think that the latest driver should be able to recognize properly all NTSC
boards however the PAL users remain a little bit of problem right now. I just
need more data to differentiate among the popular PAL tuner parts.

	Tnks,
	Amancio