Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:53:19 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <ma+fscsi@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ultra 160 - what HA works well with 4.9 and 5-CURRENT?

Hi,

What SCSI Ultra 160 host adaptors work best with 4.9 and 5-CURRENT?
I consider buying a qlogic 12160 or LSI 53C1010 based HA. The board is
supposed to be used in software RAID1. (AMD XP1700+ w/ VIA KT333)

Are there concerns that I should be aware of, for instance isp(4)
mentions error recovery after timeouts? Which works better? Anything
else I should consider?

Does it make a difference which brand the card will be? I have good
experience with the 53C875 based Tekram cards so far, but U160 is a
different League than UWSCSI.

Thanks in advance,

--
Matthias Andree