Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 01:35:24 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Mike Avery <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: time for another upgrade?

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 04:48:09PM -0500, Mike Avery wrote:

> Perhaps Microsoft should have used cdrom.com to distribute their
> last NT service pack.... it was withdrawn the same day it was
> released -

Is this the Service Pack to fix the bugs introduced in Service Pack
4? Like the bug that broke rcp?

   C:\> rcp -b unix_box:/usr/home/file_name .
   [~60 sec pause]
   Permission denied: .\file_name
   C:\>

Note the ``permission denied'' error is on the *local* (i.e. NT)
drive, not the remote Unix box. ROFL.

> the demand was more than their systems could tolerate.
> They plan to re-release on the 19th.  (I wonder if they hope their
> customers will all be off at the Star Wars Episode One on it's
> opening day, minimizing the load.  Or if they hope the traffic on the
> net opening day will protect them from a heavy load.)
>
> Mike

> Mike Avery                            MAvery@mail.otherwhen.com
>                                           (409)-842-2942 (work)
>                                                   ICQ: 16241692
>
> * Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other way *
>
> A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
> If it jams - force it . If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

      Y2K-Y Jelly: Allows you to insert four digits where
                   previously you could only insert two.