Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:39:12 +0100
From:      Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz@wanadoo.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd vs. linux

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> darren kirby writes:
>

>>That is just not right. Perhaps for Redhat, SuSe et al this may be the case,
>>but what do you expect? MS is their primary (only?) competition.
>

> Whatever happened to UNIX _servers_?
>

>>There are a million different reasons to run Linux, and a million
>>different types of people that run it.
>

> There are almost no reasons to run Linux instead of UNIX.
>

>>Now you seem to be implying that the only difference between any two
>>operating systems is what the GUI looks like.
>

> No, although sometimes that is actually the case.
>

>>So what's your solution, feed the Redmond beast?
>

> My solution is to remove emotion from the equation and simply install
> the best software for the job.  On the desktop, that's Windows.

If windows is the best for you, use it and pay for it, for most of my
friends it is windows too (but they are bad boys and do not pay
anything), but for me is Linux/FreeBSD. I believe in free software and I
will be promoting it among my friends. If we want FreeBSD and Linux
survive, we have to use them. Using Windows only increases Microsoft
bank acounts.