Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:55:13 -0800
From:      "Wayne Self" <wayne@baic.com>
To:        "Mark Conway Wirt" <mark@intrepid.net>, "Chris Shenton" <chris@shenton.org>, "Michael Moran" <mmoran@veronet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: E-Mail size limitation by ISPs

supposedly it simply determines if the message is too large for
procmail.  if it is, the message is delived to the users inbox rather
than  procmail.

freebsd and procmail don't seem to work to nice with large messages.  it has
something to do with the way procmail deals
with memory.  freebsd happens to be one of the OSs that takes
a beating because of it.

-wayne