Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 00:33:14 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Lamb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 AHA1542's in one box

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> And another idiotic tale survived. No, it is not true. You can have more then 1
> busmaster. To be exact if you have a CPU, a DMA chip and an Adaptec 1542, you
> already have 3 bus master ;-)
>
> Ulf.

> Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
> Lamb Art Internet Services    ||  http://www.Lamb.net/

OK, OK, MERCY!!!

I've been up for much too long... (it's the 13th around here...) - as
Terry pointed out, the case for only one bus-master is another. I should
look more closely my answeres from time to time... Anyways, I've lived
with 3 busmaster cards in a computer (two of them VESA, one PCI) and on
another I have not been able to actually get otherwise nonconflicting ISA
cards to work. I hope I will be forgiven and the urban legend won't
prosper.

	Sander