Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:41:40 PDT
From:      "Some Person" <ntvsunix@hotmail.com>
To:        jswarner@uswest.net, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at work

I'm kinda in the same situation myself and I know as well that FreeBSD not
only could, but would out-perform many of our existing and client servers
guarenteed.

I work for a company that does network consulting and support. Mainly NT and
Win2k, not to mention others as well, just not any form of *NIX.

I'm no senior there so I don't have much say in things. I've only played
with FreeBSD and OpenBSD mostly at home. I started with Linux, and finally
some time later made the greatest move of my life - FreeBSD/OpenBSD, never
to turn back unless absoloutly needed. NOTE: This is nothing derogatory
against Linux, but rather just my personal opinion. I just much more prefer
*BSD over Linux for many reasons, but mainly because it does the job and
very well at that. Most reliability i've ever seen!

Unfortunatly, I've run in many many times that FreeBSD could have been used
in replace of NT for our clients, much better, much faster, more reliable,
much more powerful, more granular in that it gives so much more control over
everything and anything, cheaper and the list just goes on and on...
Only reason I don't get to actually implement this type thing is that these
seniors have no idea how to use FreeBSD and literally have no concept on how
it can outbeat MS Windows XX/XXXX in just about any area!
It really bothers me!
Any suggestions on how I can actually give them a better idea what it can
really do and maybe the chance to atleast give it a try. After all, it's
100% free!!! This could save my company, as well as our clients lots of
money!!! Ahhh, drives me nuts thinking of it...