Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/34038

The following reply was made to PR docs/34038; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: darklogik@pittgoth.com, sziszi@bsd.hu
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:16:55 -0800 (PST)

 --- Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu> wrote:
 >  I think we have a misunderstanding here. I think that the Handbook very
 >  much has info on upgrading, although it probably could be improved. But
 >  this article does not add much to what is already in the Handbook. If
 >  you read the various chapters on installation, on obtaining FreeBSD, on
 >  staying up to date with FreeBSD under "The Cutting Edge", and on using
 > make

 > That is why it is IMHO better idea to just patch the existing Handbook...

 I don't mean to be against what you say Szilveszter, but I think it would
 be nice to have this as a different article, and it would also be nice to
 patch the relevant sections in the Handbook as well. :)

 The other thing is , that, It wouldn't be a good example, to reject this
 article just because it is a duplication, and also, it would serve as a bad
 example for future developers, and -doc writers for FreeBSD; This is how I
 see it ;)

 regards,
  --Hiten
  --<hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org>